Image credits to Gadgetophilia.
Right now I am thinking whether want to buy Nokia N97 or iPhone 3GS. I have tested both of them and have read the comparison over the Internet. Of course both have their own advantages and disadvantages. Below are my opinions between these two touch screen smartphones:
- Has widgets at the home screen so we can put our favourite applications there.
- Has the video call feature which I will use it most of the time.
- The camera has 5MP resolution which I think it is far greater than iPhone 3GS camera.
- Also has dual-LEDs camera flash to snap pictures in low-light.
- The camera using Carl Zeiss optics which will bring more picture quality.
- Internal memory is 32GB but I can add up to 16GB external memory. So total capacity is 48GB.
- It using QWERTY keyboard which is great for typing messages or surfing the Internet.
- Although Nokia N97 has touchscreen but it is not smooth like iPhone 3GS. I have to press the screen to select an item. Unlike the iPhone 3GS, you only need to tap the screen.
- The web browser supports flash and I can watch Youtube videos if I want.
- Not many applications made available for Nokia.
- The touchscreen is very very smooth. No other touchscreen phones can beat it.
- Has no video call feature.
- The camera quality also not so good which is only 3MP.
- Has no built-in flash for taking pictures in low-light condition.
- There are many applications made available for iPhone 3GS and most of them are cheap and free.
- But the battery dries really fast unless if you switched off the unwanted services like 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc.
- The web browser does not support flash. So no Youtube videos.
- The capacity is only up to 32GB.
- It has built-in compass which I think it is cool.
As conclusion, after comparing both of them, I think I will choose iPhone 3GS over Nokia N97. Although iPhone 3GS does not has the features like no video call, no flash camera, no Carl Zeiss optics, but still, I think it is the best smartphone to have. Especially the touch screen smoothness.
However, if you want to get a smartphone that you can use for Internet surfing, taking pictures and listen to musics, Nokia N97 is suit best for you. But, if you are looking for a touch screen smartphone with various of applications made available freely for you, definitely I recommend you to get iPhone 3GS.
ps: I heard the rumors that iPhone 4G will be out on this coming June or July. Hope it has the video call feature.