It is really recommend updating your Nokia firmware to the latest version. Each new firmware usually contains bug fixes, new applications, make your Nokia runs faster, and many more.
Check for latest firmware version
- To check whether you are using the latest firmware, you need to enter *#0000# from the keypad.
- Then it will display what version you are using and the release date of the firmware. Eg: 4.0722.214.171.124
- Open up the back case and pull out the battery. We are looking for product code that we need to check for latest firmware. You will see the product code on the white label sticker on it. Eg: 0539343. Note it down.
- Go to this page, enter the product code and hit Go. It will display latest version based from the product code given.
- If new version is available, you can update your firmware through the Nokia Software Updater.